Sunday, September 29, 2013

To Juice or Not to Juice

The Lead-up

My juicing adventures started the same as many people's in the pass year, by watching a documentary on Netflix titled "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead." I was amazed with Joe's transformation and the idea of drinking pure nutrients. Immediately, I grabbed my phone and texted my friend who recommended the documentary asking when our juicing cleanse would start. We decided that in a few days, the start of a new month, we would begin.

In the documentary, the Breville juicer is highly recommended. I did my own independent research and discovered the same. When I arrived at the store, I hesitated at the price and walked out without a juicer. A month went by and I would occasionally mention the juicer. Once at a brunch party, I asked if anyone owned a juicer. A couple told me they owned one and there warning was to have "extra counter space." The explained how when they did it, the juice was great and they felt healthier, but the time and money required for the groceries was a major turn off for them. The conversation gave me great reservations about the whole process and made me really glad that I didn't spend the money. 

So what changed? I had some juice; plain as that. A coworker mentioned one day that a friend was having a grand opening for his juice kiosk, Pressed Juice Daily, and samples were being offered. The whole idea made me really curious and I decided that it was actually time to have some juice rather than theorize, budget and discuss it. At the sampling, I went straight for the hard stuff...the green juice. It's the juice every document, every book and every authority on juicing has as their token "juicing" photo. If I didn't even like it, then the whole thing was moot. Christian gave me a sample of the green stuff with apple, lemon and ginger. The moment of truth: I loved it. It was fresh, light and delicious and I was finally truly hooked to juicing. The truly amazing part? My picky eater husband (Mr. I only want mac&cheese and sloppy joes) drank half my bottle! I officially joined the latest juicing trend.

(Check out Pressed Juice Daily kiosk on the south side of Denver's 16th Street Mall and their website: https://squareup.com/market/pressed-juice-daily)

No comments:

Post a Comment