Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Whole30: Day 6

Today's theme was temptations. This morning I ate my leftover frittata muffins, 1/2 an avocado, and some blackberries and biked to work. It's starting to get cold y'all! At work, I had a lunch meeting and had to pass up ordering from Chinese. I ate my leftover Pho while watching everyone else dig in. I did pretty well resisting the temptations mentally and only wavered slightly towards the end of the meeting. I was getting bored and a plate of egg rolls and dumplings was sitting in front of me, but I proudly did not succumb.

When I got home, I knew I had a ton of stuff to do. I began a load of laundry then searched the fridge for a meal. I settled on Italian sausage meatballs, leftover zoodles (sauteed in ghee with salt, pepper and garlic powder), and mashed potatoes with leftover gravy from my crockpot chicken. I was pretty impressed with my concoction. The husband even ate a serving of each with a little mozzarella on the zoodles.



If the free Chinese wasn't temptation enough, I had to bake three items for a work bake sale tomorrow. I am proud to say that I did not eat any of it, but I did lick my finger once. No guilt here because it was for charity of course. I really hope they taste ok since I did not try any samples. In case you're interested (and obviously not doing Whole30), I made Irish Cake Bombs (stout chocolate batter, whiskey ganache, and Bailey's icing), Pecan Pie Bars, and Pumpkin Spice syrup for lattes. I used over 6 cups of sugar and 8 bars of regular butter! Can you say diabetes? 


Day 6:
Breakfast
1/2 avocado
handful of blackberries
Coffee, black

Lunch:
Pho 

Snack: 
Banana and 1 spoon of almond butter

Dinner:
Zoodles sauteed in ghee with salt, pepper and garlic powder
Mashed potatoes with gravy
Italian sausage meatballs
handful of Midnight Beauty Grapes

Baked Goods:

No comments:

Post a Comment