Monday, September 8, 2014

Whole30: Day 5

I did not sleep well last night. I can't wait until my hormones balance out and the promised awesome nights of sleep come to me. My cortisol levels were probably elevated in anticipation of returning to work after a week of vacation. For breakfast, I ate my prosciutto-wrapped mini frittata muffins and was really thankful to have a quick go to meal. I substituted blackberries for the grapes because I read in It Starts with Food that blackberries contain quite a bit of fiber (almost twice that of grapes). 




At work, my inbox quickly filled with 351 (!!!) new emails. The stress of work almost made me run to the office candy bowl but luckily I was too busy to get out of my chair. For lunch, I had the last of the spaghetti squash with meat sauce and boy was I glad it was my last serving. 

Feeling overwhelmed and stressed, I left work and attended a drop-in improv class. Improv and acting are my saving grace stress relievers these days. Going to happy hour almost every workday was starting to take a toll on my wallet and stomach. Life suggestion here: find an activity to do with people outside of your house and just do it. Meetup.com is a great source of free activities with like minded people. 

After class, I rode my bike to another Whole Foods and finally found coconut aminos which was perfect because I got my Zoodler in the mail today. 





For (my very late evening) dinner, I made pho using the remainder of my crockpot chicken but without the jalapeno because sadly I forgot to buy one. I saved the bones to make broth too. This dinner was a comfort food and economical! Recipe tips: taste for salt and only 3 zucchinis are necessary. 



Pho, it's what's for dinner...and lunch tomorrow.



Day 5:
Breakfast
1/2 avocado
handful of blackberries
Coffee, black

Lunch:
Spaghetti Squash with meat sauce and added zucchini and summer squash 
Tejava Unsweetened Tea

Dinner:
Pho 
handful of Midnight Beauty grapes

Denver Improv Theaters with classes:


No comments:

Post a Comment