Sunday, September 7, 2014

Whole30: Day 4

I got out of bed today around 10:00a.m. I did physically wake up around 9, but decided to enjoy my last day of vacation and snuggled with the puppy an extra hour. This morning I had essentially the same breakfast with a minor twist: I added bell peppers/onions instead of mushrooms/spinach for a more southwestern taste to accompany my ripe avocado. The husband ate a bowl of oatmeal while I was still in bed but saw my food and asked for a plate of his own. Worked for me because he was re-energized by the extra breakfast and agreed to walk to Whole Foods with me. I must live in a healthy city because my Whole Foods was sold out of coconut aminos! It wasn't a total waste of a trip because I finally purchase ghee. 



Becoming tired of the same breakfast, I used my afternoon for some week food prep cooking. I made some delicious prosciutto-wrapped mini frittata muffins. They were quite easy. I do need to work on fully covering the sides and bottoms next time I make them. 


 
The husband took these pictures :)

With the skillet dirty, I moved on to making dinner. Tonight we are having dinner at a friend's house to celebrate her birthday and to watch the Broncos game. Like my previous friend hangout, I texted her and asked if I could make the food and warned her that I am not drinking this month. This was really hard because she is my happy hour girlfriend and always has the best wine at her house. She loved my meal suggestion and so it was set. I prepared a pork loin with a side of bacon Brussels sprouts. I pre-cooked the pork loin but waited to cook the Brussels sprouts at her house because they are SOOOO good fresh out of the oven. 


I have discovered one negative side effect of this diet: dishes!!


Day 4:
Brunch
2 scrambled eggs with bell peppers, onions, and green chile
1/2 avocado
1 slice of bacon
handful of Midnight Beauty grapes
Coffee, black

Snack:

Dinner:


No comments:

Post a Comment