Saturday, September 6, 2014

Whole30: Day 3


Yesterday before leaving my house, I made sure to pack food 1) to not be a burden on my friend whose house I was staying at and 2) to be prepared for success. My plan was to return home before lunch but I packed one just in case. 


This morning I woke up at 6:30a.m. after a rough night of sleep. I don't ever sleep heavy until about 4 o'clock in the morning. Today, I only hit the snooze button once but that may be because I knew I had to get ready for the color run. While my friend was getting ready, I prepared my breakfast and ate it before the race. Mr. Manning cheered me on :) Don't you just love my friend's color scheme? Sure beats my all black dishware. 


I've never done a Color Run before which is surprising since I'm a 5K junkie. Seriously, I need to make one of those T-shirt quilts with all of the race shirts I have. I ran the whole thing with an 11 minute/mile pace and almost got away clean...literally. Apparently, there is a color rave at the end of each race and I did not escape clean. Ew dirty!!!


Afterwards, I raced back (no pun intended) to my friend's house, took the quickest shower, and drove back to Denver for my sketch team rehearsal at noon. I did not have time to stop for lunch and was worried that I would be hungry. Surprisingly, the breakfast I had held through the race and through rehearsal. I drove home without being hangry and road raging and ate leftover spaghetti squash with meat sauce for lunch. Although my energy level is sufficient, I am succumbing to a nap because I went to bed late, woke up early, ran a race, and have to work the theater box office tonight. Good reasons, right? 

I gave a wholehearted effort to take a nap but it never happened. I wasn't tired enough. It's pretty ironic since I have an alarm set for every Saturday for 5p.m. to wake me up from my habitual Saturday naps. I prepared my dinner before going to the theater and knew before I was finish warming up my leftover chicken that I was not going to be satisfied and that I might be tempted by the box office snacks. Looking around to see what my options were, I noticed my ripening avocados! I made "guacamole and chips."





Day 3:
Breakfast
2 boiled eggs
1 slice of bacon
handful of salted almonds
banana
Coffee, black

Lunch:
Spaghetti Squash with meat sauce and added zucchini and summer squash 
handful of Midnight Beauty grapes

Dinner:
Smashed avocado, grape tomatoes and snap peas

No comments:

Post a Comment