Friday, September 5, 2014

Whole30: Day 2

Today I woke up at 9:00a.m. To be honest, I probably would have kept sleeping if it wasn't for the nagging husband and puppies. Now that I am up I do feel energized and ready to clean house. For breakfast I contemplated eating a banana and almond butter but discovered palm oil and cane sugar in my almond butter. I'll have to buy a new one. Instead, I had a repeat of yesterday's breakfast and reduced down to only two eggs and 1 slice of bacon. I also drank coffee black. 



After breakfast I start dinner from a Nom Nom Paleo recipe. Tonight we are driving to visit out of town friends and I have already texted to say that food and booze are not required for me. It will be difficult sitting in a hot tub without a glass of wine, but I feel sending the text before getting there set the boundaries for the evening. 



With dinner cooking and hours left, I began my house cleaning, because that's what a woman does on her day off, right?! Oh well, it needs to be done and the puppies sure aren't going to do it. It took me two hours just to clean the guest room and hallways. Let's call it a very delayed spring cleaning. After mopping the hallways, I realized that it is 1 o'clock. I'm pretty surprised my stomach didn't start screaming at noon. At work, I never go a minute over 12:00 without lunch. For lunch, it's leftover spaghetti squash and meat sauce. Lunch win: Louisiana Hot Sauce has no preservatives or sugar! 


I finished cleaning the second half of the house (minus the husband's office, because it's a lost cause) and realized that the chicken is ready to be removed from the crock-pot. I whip up the gravy and admire my beautiful, less than $10 meal. Anyone else tempted to drink the gravy with a straw!! 


While eating dinner, I got a sweet tooth. I baked a banana with cinnamon on it. It was really delicious! Next time I will try pan frying it. 




Day 2:
Breakfast
2 scrambled eggs with mushrooms, spinach and green chile
1 slice of bacon
handful of Midnight Beauty grapes
Coffee, black

Lunch:
Spaghetti Squash with meat sauce and added zucchini and summer squash 
Bonus: Louisiana Hot Sauce

Dinner:
Raw broccoli, carrots and snap peas
Baked banana with cinnamon


No comments:

Post a Comment