Thursday, January 1, 2015

A brief word on New Year's Resolutions

A year ago today I gave up on my usual "Lose weight" resolution and decided to do something to satisfy my inner comic. I signed up for improv classes at Bovine Metropolis Theater. In 2014, I graduated improv classes, did stand up at Comedy Works, and performed improv for a sold out audience.

As a result of my new happiness, I also found myself lighter than I've been since high school (this month doesn't count right?) and running long distant races. Some weeks I was too busy with rehearsals and performances to think about my food cravings. I also found that doing something I loved decreased my depress food binges too. I've acquired so many new friends through my adventures. Follow your passions and the rest will fall into place!

My 2015 Resolutions:
1. Get through a Whole30
2. Visit as many U.S. sites as possible starting with these:
            Grand Canyon
            Niagara Falls
            Washington DC
            Mount Rushmore
            Yellowstone
            Drive the Pacific Coast Highway
            See that bean thing in Chicago
            Visit NASA in Houston
            Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge

What will you do in 2015?



No comments:

Post a Comment