At the beginning of 2015, I successfully completed a Whole30. I felt good and lost 15 pounds. It can be done; I will succeed...but first I have to prep and plan.
To prepare, I am reviewing the Whole30 rules, looking up my favorite recipes and making possible weekly menus. Next week, I will ease myself into the process by switching a few meals for Whole30 ones. Let's be honest, I'm going to have a few more drinks before cutting myself off. If you've never done a Whole30, don't jump right into a one; it's absolutely necessary to prepare for it.
My favorite Whole30 recipe collections are NomNomPaleo, AmericasTestKitchen, and my pinterest collection.
NomNomPaleo has an extensive collection of Whole30 resources but the recipes aren't always accessible to the busy person. America's Test Kitchen is my favorite cooking source. Reviewing the recipes carefully, I can find some Whole30 gems.
To avoid spending too much on groceries, I took inventory of my current food items. My husband was fortunate to kill an elk this hunting season which means our freezer is full of game meat. Substituting elk for beef in many recipes works great. I also have some chicken breast to use. If I'm feeling ambitious, I may cook up that extra turkey I bought during Thanksgiving.
| Cooking a batch of Chocolate Chili for the freezer |
Pre-Whole30 Menu:
Breakfast
southwest egg scramble - eggs, sausage, bell peppers, onions, potatoes
1/2 Avocado
Lunch
Sausage and Cabbage
Butternut Squash soup and salad
Dinner
Thai green curry by America's Test Kitchen
Pot-Au-Feu made with Elk
Favorite Condiments - 505 Green chile, Louisiana hot sauce, Wholly Guacamole (for when I run out of avocados mid-week)
Favorite sausage - Chorizo by Boulder Sausage, Bratwurst by Polidori
Planning - done. Let's do this!
No comments:
Post a Comment