Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Whole30: Week 1 Meal Breakdowns and Thoughts

You know all that stuff I said about prepping being the key to success? Guess what I didn't do the weekend before Week 1?? It was for a good cause though. We drove 12 hours (each way!!) to Texas to surprise my mother-in-law at her 50th birthday party. We drove through the night Friday and drove back on Sunday. A trip like this is not for the faint of heart and is quite the weekend time suck. Thank goodness I have chili and sausage to thaw and cook.

     Favorite go-to prepared meal: Southwest Egg Scramble
     Favorite new product find: Westbrae Natural Organic Stoneground Mustard (added a perfect kick to my sausage and cabbage)
     Favorite eating out meal: Modern Market's Thai Coconut Salad



W30: Day 1 - Alright, Let's Go
Exercise - 1 hour class at OrangeTheory
       I woke up and attended a 5:15am OrangeTheory class. To say I was tired would be an understatement. What I love about OT is if I do a late cancellation, they will charge me. I'm way too cheap to endure cancellation fees for an extra hour of sleep! Once home, I had a boost of energy and cooked breakfast for me and the hubby.

Breakfast - Southwest egg scramble, 505 Green Chile, 1/2 avocado, cherry tomatoes and 1/2 a grapefruit
Tao Blueberry White Tea - be extra careful with flavored teas. They often have soy in them.

Lunch - Chili, Spring mix salad with 1/2 avocado, roma tomato and Tessamae's Balsamic dressing
Canada Dry Raspberry Sparkling water

Snack - Banana and almonds

Dinner - Venison cutlet, mushroom and onion "gravy", Rosemary sweet potato mash, and sauteed cabbage
     I was starving when I got home. Knowing dinner would take a little while, I ate an Apple Pie Larabar.


W30: Day 2- Lunchtime Panic
Exercise - none.
     Do men realize how lucky they are when they run outside in the dark? I missed my alarm this morning and now it's too dark to run after work.

Breakfast - Southwest egg scramble, 505 Green Chile, Wholly Guacamole Mini, cherry tomatoes and Tao Blueberry White Tea

Lunch - Modified Cobb Salad from Rock Bottom (no bacon, no cheese, with Balsamic Vinaigrette)
     Today I experienced a typical W30 panic. I made plans to eat lunch with friends at the very compliant Modmarket. When we arrived, there were no seats. While standing outside trying to decide where to go next, I panicked that I couldn't eat because I wasn't prepared. My friends suggested burger places that I knew had no options. Finally, I asked if we could go to Rock Bottom because I knew I could get a modified, compliant salad there. They all agreed with no reservations. I ordered the Cobb minus the bacon because I find a hard time finding compliant bacon so I don't have faith in restaurants doing so.




Snack - Banana and almonds
     They are free at work!

Dinner - Sausage with sauteed Cabbage, sweet potato mash, GT's Strawberry Serenity Kombucha

W30: Day 3 - Boring Day of Leftovers
Exercise - 1 hour class at OrangeTheory

Breakfast - Southwest egg scramble, 505 Green Chile, 1/2 avocado, cherry tomatoes and Tao Blueberry White Tea

Lunch - Sausage with sauteed Cabbage, sweet potato mash

Snack - Banana

Dinner - Venison Backstrap and roasted potato salad with Tessemae's Balsamic Dressing




W30: Day 4 - So.Tired.
No idea why I'm lethargic today.

Exercise -  none

Breakfast - Thai Green Curry

Lunch - Venison cutlet, Wholly Guacamole, Salsa, lettuce and a Larabar
If was surprisingly difficult to find a compliant salsa




Snack - Banana and almonds

Dinner - Modern Market's Thai Coconut Salad with Balsamic Dressing and Cashew Butternut Squash
      OMG SO GOOD!! I'm sad that they removed the ingredients from their website though.

Happy Hour - I perform improv regularly and it's common practice for us to hit up the bars after shows. Tonight, I managed to get through with just water, grilled broccoli and fruit. Mentally, I was sad for missing out on great beer but I kept my goal insight.

W30: Day 5 - Muscle Memory Hangover?
I woke up with a pounding headache and signs of dehydration. Could my body actually produce muscle memory hangovers?

Exercise - 1 hour class at OrangeTheory

Breakfast - banana (wasn't too hungry and woke up late due to the headache)

Lunch - Sausage with sauteed Cabbage, sweet potato mash

Dinner - more leftovers


Prep, prep, prep


W30: Day 6 & 7 - Weekend
It's the weekend so no notes or work. I did stick to it and ate mostly leftovers. Weighed myself - down 8 pounds!

Next week prep:
Roasting a Turkey!



No comments:

Post a Comment